Sustaining the Williams Valley (SWV) is based in the town of Dungog, which itself sits on the upper reaches of the Williams River.
SWV’s aims are:
- to be an effective advocate for the Williams River and its tributaries
- to provide a unified voice, representative of the community, in relation to whole-of-river issues
- to identify, create and implement initiatives that will protect and restore the Williams River and its tributaries
- to build and foster relationships with all stakeholders
- to ensure integrated management founded upon stewardship
- to build and make publicly accessible knowledge relating to the Williams Valley
- to celebrate the ecological and social value of the Williams River and its tributaries
- to establish a realistic funding base that can support projected activities.