About Sustaining Williams Valley Inc
Sustaining the Williams Valley (SWV Inc) is a community group based near the town of Dungog which sits on the upper reaches of the Williams River. SWV Inc is an independent group who see the need for maintenance and encouragement of the natural cycle, to allow locals and visitors alike to enjoy the area, for the sustainable management of land and for the natural life of the valley to thrive.
SWV Inc’s aims are to:
- be an effective advocate for the sustainability of the Williams Valley
- identify, create and implement initiatives that will meet sustainability objectives
- build and foster relationships with all stakeholders
- ensure integrated management founded upon stewardship
- build publicly accessible knowledge relating to the Williams Valley
- promote catchment planning to include managing for the effects of climate change
- to celebrate the ecological and social value of the Williams Valley
- to establish a realistic funding base that can support projected activities.