About Sustaining the Williams Valley Inc
Sustaining the Williams Valley (SWV Inc) is a community group focused on one of our most taken for granted natural assets – the Williams River Valley. It is an independent group of people with one aim – to work on behalf of the interests of the river, the valley and its people. We see the need for maintenance and encouragement of the natural cycle, to allow locals and visitors alike to enjoy the area, for farmers to sustainably manage their land and for the natural life of the valley to thrive.
SWV Inc is based in the town of Dungog, which itself sits on the upper reaches of the Williams River.
SWV Inc’s aims are:
- to be an effective advocate for the Williams River and its tributaries
- to provide a unified voice, representative of the community, in relation to whole-of-river issues
- to identify, create and implement initiatives that will protect and restore the Williams River and its tributaries
- to build and foster relationships with all stakeholders
- to ensure integrated management founded upon stewardship
- to build and make publicly accessible knowledge relating to the Williams Valley
- to celebrate the ecological and social value of the Williams River and its tributaries
- to establish a realistic funding base that can support projected activities.
Below is a list of links to information relevant to our aims.
- Weed list Sustaining the Williams Valley Inc Weed List 29-01-2017
- Renewable Energy – Community Owned Renewable Energy Toolkits & Guidebooks
- Ken Rubeli for all of the photographs featured on this website.